Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bragging rights

There comes a time in your life that you just want to brag a bit. Right now, is that time in my life.

As you know, I learned all my photography tricks from my oldest, Matt. He has a wonderful eye for anything...you name it. He's the one that got me taking pictures of the most abnormal things in the house. He can make anything look good.

Last night, we had a 3 alarm fire (3 stations responded so that's right huh?) in our neighborhood. Hate that it was at the expense of the family that lost the house, but Matt got some wonderful shots. You can see some of them on my Wordless Wednesday for this week or you can see the full set here. When we went back the second time, one of the firefighter/EMT's started talking to J. Then he saw the camera around Matt's neck and started asking Matt questions about the pictures. Matt eagerly showed him the pictures that he had from early and at that time. The EMT called over the fire chief who in turn, asked Matt (actually me) to send him some of the pictures. I did so when we got home and got them uploaded to Flickr.

I sent the Fire Chief the link to Flickr and this is what I got back today.


Hi Lisa,

Thanks very much for sharing your photos. I will absolutely send the link and your comments to our crews. We have a department newsletter and web site. Are you ok with us using a couple as long as credit is given to you?

Thanks again…

Chief Angle

James S. Angle, Fire Chief
Palm Harbor Special Fire Control and Rescue District
250 West Lake Road
Palm Harbor, Florida 34684
727-683-1640
727-785-9131 Fax
www.palmharborfd.com


OMG!! You can bet your bottom dollar you can use them!! I emailed him back to remind him that it was Matt that took the pictures and asked him to let us know either when they went up or if we could get a copy of the newsletter.


I'm so happy for him! I couldn't be prouder of him!




5 have this to say:

Qweenie said...

OMG that rocks!!!!

Rachel said...

Woo Hoo!!!!!! That is phenomenal Lisa!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! That's fantastic!

Congratulations to both you and Matt!

Colette S said...

That is really awesome! Brag away love. He takes awesome photos!

Gigglin Grizzly said...

SA-WEET! That's awesome!