Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wordless Wednesday

My edition of WW today will be an exciting one for me. Today will go by slowly. Ever had to wait for the UPS man? Hearing every big truck that comes down the road thinking that it's the man in brown? Today is that day for me. Why, you ask? Because he's bringing me this


The New Canon Rebel XSI!! I can't friggin' wait! Matt and I can't wait to get our hands on it. Upgrading from the XTI to this.

Meanwhile we sent our XTI off with a bang. These were some of the photos that we caught last night when a house in my neighborhood went up in flames.

Believe it or not, there is a house under there

IMG_9814


IMG_9835


IMG_9836

And what it ended up looking like....4 hours from the first 911 call

IMG_9877

And thanks to the wonderful crew at the Palm Harbor Fire Department, the fire was contained to this house only and not a tree caught fire.

IMG_9863

All the photos were taken by my son, Matt. He wouldn't let me get a hold of the camera. He better think twice when the new one comes in ;)

For real Wordless Wednesday's you can head over to 5 Minutes for Mom or Wordless Wednesday.

9 have this to say:

Rebekah said...

incredible pictures! My husband is a firefighter and I love to go out and take pictures of the fires he responds to

Jewels said...

I think I said this already but those are awesome shots of that fire! Great job.

mrs007 said...

Wow! That is horrible about the fire...but the shots he took are really good. I am glad the firefighters were able to keep it contained! Happy WW!

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to the family who lost their home. How devastating.

Jackie @ where the boys are

Tara said...

Wow! That poor family....glad it was able to stay contained.

Amy @ The Q Family said...

Oh boy!! I feel so sorry for the family. I'm glad that the fire didn't spread to other houses. Great shot of the fire though.

-Amy @ The Q Family

Pretty Life Online said...

OMG! I am Wordless! Hope you can drop by at my corner too... Happy WW!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Wow, I am so feeling the excitement for your new camera!!

How devestating, and what amazing shots...

Happy WW,
Steph

Unknown said...

How horrible for them - great shots though. And happy new camera. :)