Thursday, October 30, 2008

Evel Knievel lives at our house

When J was born, I could tell that he wasn't going to be like Matt. He was more quiet, more subdued about things, just didn't have a care in the world. Boy did I under estimate him

He goes to daycare and I'm not one of those parents that freak every time my child gets a nick or a scrap. If it requires stitches, I still don't freak simple because Matt had 4 sets of stitches in his chin and a broken thumb that required surgery (pin placement) all before he was 6. Poor kid started kindergarten with a cast. But it was cool, trust me.

This week my kid has turned into the very Evel Knievel that walks the streets of my fair town. Tuesday I head to pick him up from school. His wonderful teacher Sandy, DeeDee as J calls her, tells me that she has an accident report for me to fill out. Eh, okay. They do that for everything. Before I head to the class to get him, I sign the report, she tells me he fell off the slide. I didn't think much of it because he has now realized that if you lift your feet, you go faster. So off to the class I go. I open the door and this is what greets me.


008

Little did I know that he decided HALF WAY DOWN that he was going to jump off the slide. Damn this child, he will be the death of me.

To top it all off, not that it matters, yesterday was picture day. Yep, my 2 y/o had to get pictures with mulch rash down his face. Thank Bob the photographer is actually a photographer and left me a note that she is going to PhotoShop his face.

Lovely.

4 have this to say:

Jewels said...

And you thought you had a lot of gray hair now, LOL.

Poor baby though, at least it was only mulch rash. Could have been much, much worse!

Jenny Grygiel said...

Oh wow! Alex and Jacob would get along fantastic then! Al will do the same damn thing!

Eternal Sunshine said...

Wow, gotta love the daredevil children. i have one myself...

Sigh.

Fiesty said...

He's still cute though!